Authentication of Documents
- Tuesday, 22 December 2015
Documents can be authenticated by the Embassy only if;
- Sri Lankan Certificates/Documents such as Birth, Marriage, Death, Educational etc., which are submitted to this Embassy for authentication, must have been first authenticated by the Consular Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Sri Lanka*
- Certificates/Documents from Brazil must be first authenticated by the Consular Division of the Ministry of External Relations of Brazil.
- Certificates/Documents from accredited countries should be sent through the respective Embassy of that country in Brasilia. Such applicants are requested to first contact their respective Embassies in Brasilia to inquire about other requirements which might have to fulfilled before sending the documents.
* Consular Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is currently located at 3rd Floor, No. 14, Sir Baron Jayathilake Mw, Colombo 01.