- Tuesday, 22 December 2015
- Download the application for dual citizenship (Click Here)
- Download instructions in Sinhala (Click here)
- Download instructions in Tamil (Click here)
- Download instructions in English (Click here)
- Duly completed applications of those living in Brazil or accredited countries can be handed over to the Embassy of Sri Lanka in Brasilia or it can be directly submitted to the Citizenship Division of the Department of Immigration & Emigration of Sri Lanka at “Suhurupaya”, Sri Subhuthipura Road, Baththramulla. Please note that if you wish to submit the application to this Embassy, originals of all the required documents should be submitted along with a set of photocopies of each document.
- Once the originals of certificates/documents are sent to this Embassy for verification, the applicant should to arrange suitable mode with a courier company to pick up the certificates/documents at this Embassy & return them to him.
- Upon receipt of the application, this Embassy will issue a reference number for each applicant. This reference number can be used for further inquiries.
- The Department of Immigration and Emigration will notify the applicant to make the applicable payment once the application is approved. (Please read instructions for more details on payments)
- Time taken for processing of an application & approval of an application will depend on the Department of Immigration and Emigration. Delays in processing might occur due to the large number of applications in process.
- Kindly beware that it is the responsibility of every Sri Lankan National, who becomes a citizen of another country, to report immediately of his obtaining of the new citizenship to the nearest diplomatic Mission/Post or to the Department of Immigration and Emigration of Sri Lanka directly. Submission of requests for Sri Lankan passports concealing applicant’s other citizenship statuses will carry legal consequences.
- This Mission will authenticate/certify all Sri Lanka originated documents/certificates free of charge provided that they have also been authenticated by the consular division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Sri Lanka where necessary. In respect of all foreign originated documents/certificates, regular document authentication procedure and charges will have to be applicable.
U$ 30.00 (BR$ 100.00) will be charged as the processing fee for a dual citizenship application submitted through to this Embassy.
* Please visit the this link for more details on dual citizenship (http://www.immigration.gov.lk/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=299&Itemid=214&lang=en)