Obtaining Police Clearance Certificates
- Tuesday, 22 December 2015
- Duly completed application in duplicate.
- Originals of National Identity Card, Birth certificate & Passport. Originals will be returned after verification.
- Once the originals of certificates/documents are sent to this Embassy for verification, the applicant should to arrange a passage with a courier company to pick up the certificates/documents at this Embassy & return them to him.
- A Bank Draft equivalent to SLRS. 1,000/= drawn in favour of “A/C No. 007041413 payable at Taprobane Branch, Bank of Ceylon, Colombo 01, Sri Lanka”. (In case where the application is submitted directly to Sri Lanka Police)
- U$ 10.00 or BR$ 35.00 (In case where the application is submitted to this Embassy)
Note : In cases where the applicant has obtained the Police Clearance Certificate directly from Sri Lanka Police, such certificate must also have the authentication of the Consular Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Sri Lanka, before submitting to this Embassy for legalization*.
* Consular Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is currently located at 3rd Floor, No. 14, Sir Baron Jayathilake Mw, Colombo 01.