Google Translate Widget by Infofru

Author Site Reviewresults

  • What is the maximum period for an ETA visa that an Embassy can offer ?


    An ETA visa, be it obtained online or given by this Embassy, is valid only for 30 days. An ETA cannot be given for more than 30 by this Embassy. If a visitor wants to extend the visa for more than 30 days what is the procedure. If the visitor wants to stay in Sri Lanka for 90 days they can very easily get it in Colombo. All they have to do is to enter the country with an ETA (30 Day) and before the end of that 30 days period go to the Immigration Department in Colombo and get an extension for the period they desire with an additional payment proportionate to the period of overstay. Following is the address that they can get this visa extension; Visa & Border Control Division  Department of Immigration & Emigration of Sri Lanka 41 Ananda Rajakaruna Mawatha, Colombo 10

  • Is it possible to obtain business ETA online ?


    No, Business ETA should be applied through this Embassy.

  • Can a Brazilian national go before a consular officer of the Sri Lanka Embassy in Brazil and execute a Power-of-Attorney in favor of a Sri Lankan or a non Sri Lankan living abroad.

    Answer: No. Such person should go before a lawyer of that county and execute the Power-of-Attorney. Thereafter, this Embassy can attest this power-of-attorney provided that it is also legalized/ authenticated by the consular division of the Ministry of External Relations of Brazil.

  • Can I directly produce my marriage certificate to the Sri Lanka Embassy for authentication ?


    No, documents such as birth, marriage, education etc should be first authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign affairs in Sri Lanka. After obtaining the authentication from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Sri Lanka the documents can be produced for authentication by this Embassy.

  • My Child was born four months back in Brazil. Can I register his birth at Sri Lanka Embassy, Brazil ?


    Yes. However, since the application is made after 03 months, you should submit an explanation including the reasons for the delay. Your application should be made in Form ‘Declaration of Birth after 3 months (section 23)’.   Please note that, generally, application for registration of birth should be made to this Embassy within 3 months from the date of birth. The application should be made in form ‘Declaration of Birth under Section 16’

  • Can I register my father´s death which occurred two years back in Argentina ?


    Yes, However, all applications made after one year, will be forwarded to the Registrar General’s Department, Central Record Room, Maligawatta, Colombo 10, Sri Lanka, Tel : 00-94- 11 23 29 773,Fax : 00-94 -11 24 33 075 for an approval. In such cases the death certificate will be issued only after approval is received from the Registrar General’s Department.

  • How to obtain a police clearance certificate ?


    You have two ways to obtain police clearance certificate.

    a) You can make your application for police clearance directly to the Police Head Quarters. (Details at: http://www.police.lk/index.php/component/content/article/91)

    b) You can forward your application through the Embassy. Following are the requirements to forward the application through the Embassy.

    • Duly completed application in duplicate
    • National Identity Card, Birth certificate & Passport with two photocopies each


Embassy of Sri Lanka
SHIS QI 26, Conjunto 11, Casa 18
Lago Sul, Brasília – DF, Brazil
CEP: 716.70-110
CNPJ: 04.766.273.0001.00

00556135413481 / 00556135413488

Fax :

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.